- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup red and/or green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and candied cherries.
- Shape into four 8-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/8- to 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 13 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry-Pecan Icebox Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p91
Reviews for Cherry-Pecan Icebox Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2013
"easy to make but lack flavour. the recipe need vanilla or almond extract added."
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2012
"was easy and very tasty"