Cherry Pecan Dreams Recipe
Packed with fruit, nuts and vanilla chips, these goodies are sure to please. If you prefer, replace the cherries with cranberries or apricots.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:40 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the chips, cherries and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC