Dotted with dried cherries and pecans, these slice-and-bake goodies look and taste yummy. Plus, the dough freezes very well. For my holiday baking, that’s a must! —Amy Briggs, Gove, Kansas
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cherry-flavored dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; add half to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in cream, then remaining flour mixture. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into two 8-in. logs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry-Nut Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p57
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review