Cherry Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
- 4-3/4 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Confectioners' sugar icing
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a saucepan, heat sour cream, water and 4 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 24-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough.
- Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Carefully shape each roll into a 26-in. rope. Place each rope, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Pinch ends together to form a ring. Shape into a heart if desired.
- With scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of heart or ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate pieces; slightly twist to show filling.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with icing. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Coffee Cake
Sort By :
HI CHERRYLADY, just came across your post, why not try either raisins, or dried dates or even dried
cherries, anyone of them would make it delish.
This is so pretty! No one at my house likes maraschio cherries. Does anyone have an idea what I might substitute? Thanks!