Cherry-Pecan Cocoa Bread Recipe
Full of sweet cherries and nuts, this loaf has a mild cocoa flavor. It would be perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch or a mid-morning snack. Have a tall glass of milk at the ready.Margaret Beyersdorf, Kissimmee, Florida
- 2/3 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans and cherries. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Cherry-Pecan Cocoa Bread in Country Woman August/September 2012, p45
Reviews for Cherry-Pecan Cocoa Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2012
Because I don't have a bread machine, I had to adjust the recipe for use with my stand mixer. We all enjoyed it very much. One of the famous bakeries in Atlanta bakes a very similar loaf but this is better.