Cherry-Pecan Cocoa Bread
Full of sweet cherries and nuts, this loaf has a mild cocoa flavor. It would be perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch or a mid-morning snack. Have a tall glass of milk at the ready.Margaret Beyersdorf, Kissimmee, Florida
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 2/3 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed. Just before the final kneading (your bread
- machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans and cherries. Bake
- according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds,
- 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 175 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.