Cherry-Pecan Cocoa Bread Recipe
Full of sweet cherries and nuts, this loaf has a mild cocoa flavor. It would be perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch or a mid-morning snack. Have a tall glass of milk at the ready.—Margaret Beyersdorf, Kissimmee, Florida
- 2/3 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans and cherries. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice equals 175 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC