Cherry Pear Pie Recipe
Two of my family's favorite fruits appear in this splendid pie with a nutty streusel topping. I like to serve slices with cherry-vanilla frozen yogurt.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss pears and cherries with lemon juice and extract. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Add to pear mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into crust. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 483 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC