- 2 medium lemons
- 2 medium limes
- 8 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups raisins
- 10 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Grate peel from lemons and limes; set peel aside. Remove pith from lemons and limes; section the fruit and place in a large bowl. Add lemon and lime peel, pears, cherries, pineapple, raisins and sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a large kettle or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat for 50-60 minutes or until thickened. Stir in nuts; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Immediately ladle into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Yield: 10 pints.
Originally published as Cherry Pear Conserve in Country Extra September 2002, p49
Reviews for Cherry Pear Conserve
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review