Cherry-Peach Dumplings Recipe
You can make this fruity dessert on your stovetop, but to really impress your guests, simmer it in an electric skillet right at the dinner table. There’s no more convenient way to enjoy the fruits of the season. —Patricia Frerk, Syracuse, New York
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 large egg
- Whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Additional cinnamon and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk to equal 1/2 cup. Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 252 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Peach Dumplings
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC