Cherry-Peach Dumplings Recipe
"This fruity dessert can be made on the stovetop or in an electric skillet right at the dinner table," informs Patricia Frerk of Syracuse, New York. "There's no more convenient way to enjoy the fruits of the season."
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Additional cinnamon and whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk to equal 1/2 cup. Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until dumplings test done. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm with whipped cream of desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 252 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Peach Dumplings
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC