This fruity finale can be made on the stovetop or in an electric skillet right at the dinner table. There's no more convenient way to enjoy a delicious dessert.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 egg
- Skim milk
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat Bisquick® mix
- Additional cinnamon, optional
- 8 tablespoons nonfat whipped topping
- In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches;
- bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk
- to equal 1/2 cup.
- Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just
- until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer
- or until dumplings test done. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Serve warm with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 178 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium,