"This fruity dessert can be made on the stovetop or in an electric skillet right at the dinner table," informs Patricia Frerk of Syracuse, New York. "There's no more convenient way to enjoy the fruits of the season."
Featured In: Top 10 Apple Dessert Recipes
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Additional cinnamon and whipped cream, optional
- In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk to equal 1/2 cup. Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until dumplings test done. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm with whipped cream of desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Peach Dumplings in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p67
Reviews for Cherry-Peach Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review