Cherry Peach Cobbler Recipe
There’s no pitting cherries and peeling peaches when you’re throwing together this quick cobbler. It uses convenient canned fruit and purchased pie filling. Sandra Pierce of North Bonneville, Washington shared the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and halved
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish, combine the pie filling, peaches, lemon juice and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 3 teaspoons sugar, milk, butter and lemon peel. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto filling. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over topping.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC