Cherry Oatmeal Crisp Dessert Recipe
A buttery oatmeal topping baked over a pie filling makes an easy, impressive dessert.—Lise Thomson, Magrath, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. Spread pie filling into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC