A buttery oatmeal topping baked over a pie filling makes an easy, impressive dessert.—Lise Thomson, Magrath, Alberta
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Spread pie filling into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Oatmeal Crisp Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p9
Reviews for Cherry Oatmeal Crisp Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review