- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cherry chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
"Oh my gosh, these are the best. I am a cookie-holic and these went to the top of my list. I doubled the amount of pecans (only had those on hand.) My family loves them in cookies. Did not change another thing and they were awesome. Hubbly loved them as well. Yes, will be making again often."
"I forgot to rate these the first time."
"I made these cookies today. Easy and tasty. I can't wait for the kids and grandkids to try them when they come over for Sunday dinner!! I think the girls will enjoy the red chips. They look so pretty and different. I will be making these again."
"Have not ired these but you can find flavored baking chips at http://www.preparedpantry.com/baking-chips.aspx"
"These are so good but I made them before reading the reviews and used dried cherry infused cranberries thinking that is what they meant by cherry chips.. but no matter, they came out great.. next time I'll try to find the cherry chips.. very moist cookies"