I like to make these old-fashioned treats with raspberry chips, but cherry-flavored work well in a pinch to add color and sweetness. These cookies stack nicely for packing. —Betty Huddleston, Liberty, Indiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cherry chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Oatmeal Cookies in Taste of Home
Reviews for Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review