- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, combine the butter, honey, eggs and vanilla. Stir into oat mixture until combined. Set aside 1-1/3 cups for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine preserves and dried cherries; spread over crust. Sprinkle with coconut and reserved oat mixture; press down lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Oat Bars
Sort By :
"Delicious bars that I served in place of granola bars on a breakfast buffet I catered. Very easy to make and enjoyed by all. I don't really care for cherries, but these were so yummy!"
"I used walnuts instead of pecans, ground flax seed instead of wheat germ, and instead of 1 cup butter I used 1/2 cup butter & 1/2 cup coconut oil melted for a more healthful bar. Next time I will reduce the butter/ oil to 3/4 cup as I think 1 cup fat was overkill. These were delicious!"
"I had to use gluten free flour;did not know where the toasted wheat germ was; did not want to spend the money on nuts; did not use the spices, and used homemade strawberry jam instead of the cherry preserves....and liked this a lot! Mine came out more cake-y than you probably intended!, but it's great in the morning with hot chocolate or a glass of milk!! Thank you!"