Cherry-Nut White Fudge Recipe
Ring in Christmas with this fudge that's the color of the season, white, red and green. The caramel-like flavored fudge is speckled with red and green candied cherries and pecans.—Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:64 servings
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup red candied cherries
- 1/3 cup green candied cherries
- 1. Line an 8-in. square dish with foil and grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook over medium-low heat, without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows and vanilla.
- 3. With a wooden spoon, beat until mixture begins to lose its gloss, about 10 minutes. Fold in pecans and candied cherries. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
1 piece equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC