Cherry-Nut Tea Ring
let your bread machine prepare a lovely sweet dough, then roll it out and fill it for this pretty coffee cake shared by Claudeen Penry, Atkinson, Nebraska.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- For filling, combine the sugars in a small bowl; cut in shortening
- until crumbly. Stir in the cherries, raisins and walnuts; set aside.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.