Cherry Nut Ice Cream Recipe
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan; stir in sugar and salt until dissolved.
- Whisk a small amount of the cream into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in extract. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Stir the cherries, coconut, almonds and chocolate into the ice cream just until combined. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Nut Ice Cream(2)
Sort By :
Loved it! This recipe have a wonderful layering of flavors and texture. I used 2 tsp of almond and 1 tsp of vanilla. My husband has a simple palate so when I make it for him I just use the base and add cherries. I freeze in 1 cup freezer containers and its single serve.
This recipe is HEAVENLY! I substituted smoked/salted almonds (chopped) and it still tasted great!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >