Cherry Nut Cookies Recipe
So pretty with a dusting of powdered sugar, these cookies are fabulous! —Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1 package (6 ounces) golden raisins and cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cherry juice blend
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 white chocolate Toblerone candy bar (3.52 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour.
- 3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Roll into a 12-1/2-in. square; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares.
- 4. Stir candy and walnuts into fruit mixture. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls onto center of each square. Bring two opposite corners to center; moisten edges with water and pinch together.
- 5. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 6. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 25 cookies.
1 cookie equals 132 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC