- 1 package (6 ounces) golden raisins and cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cherry juice blend
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 white chocolate Toblerone candy bar (3.52 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Roll into a 12-1/2-in. square; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares.
- Stir candy and walnuts into fruit mixture. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls onto center of each square. Bring two opposite corners to center; moisten edges with water and pinch together.
- Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 25 cookies.
Reviews for Cherry Nut Cookies
"Excellent. Took to Super Bowl party - had many compliments on them."
"What other filling can be used to make these cookies?"
"[quote user="walkerquilter"]What is cherry juice blend? [/quote] Find it in the juice isle of your grocery store."
"What is cherry juice blend?"
"This cookie is an old one...called Keeflees"
"delicious, flaky, tasty. this one is everson delicious. all ingredients are good for me and its a swell treat.;)"
"My husband loves these cookies. They went so fast that I have to make more for Christmas. I'm about to make a batch using toffuti cream cheese, margarine, pecans, and spelt flour for our allergic dairy and wheat-eating son. I'm sure they'll be delicious."