Cherry-Nut Brownie Bars Recipe
I created these bars by accident one day, but now I make a point of preparing them often. Cherry pie filling gives them a Black Forest flavor.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Beat until well blended (mixture will be thick).
- 2. Set aside 1 cup dough for topping. Press remaining dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread evenly with pie filling. Crumble reserved dough over the top; sprinkle with walnuts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is dry and nuts are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and milks at 70% power; stir until smooth. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 piece: 285 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Nut Brownie Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC