Cherry Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk just until blended (batter will be thick).
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Fold in cherries and pecans.
- 3. Transfer to four greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and loaves are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 148 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cherry Nut Bread
"I love this quick bread! It's moist and pretty, and goes well with a cup of coffee in the morning."
"My mom made these for Christmas, she was tired of making her usual banana bread. This bread was wonderful! Loved the cherry flavor. I logged on to get the recipe myself, so I can make more!"
"These make wonderful Christmas gifts!Every one loves them!"