Cherry Mocha Balls Recipe
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe before my wedding (six children ago!). I've made mocha balls nearly every Christmas since then. Because they freeze so well, I bake some early and put them away to call on as last-minute holiday treats. —Jeana Crowell, Whitewater, KS
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chopped red candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and cherries. If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough until firm enough to shape.
Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool completely on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Mocha Balls
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2009
"These are really good, I didn't have candied cherries so I used maraschino cherries and they were excellent!"
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2008 Edited Jul. 12, 2014
"These are a nice addition to my holiday baking. They are not as sweet as most Christmas treats, but so good!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC