- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chopped red candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and cherries. If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough until firm enough to shape.
Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool completely on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Mocha Balls in Country Woman November/December 1992, p33
Reviews for Cherry Mocha Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2009
"These are really good, I didn't have candied cherries so I used maraschino cherries and they were excellent!"
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2008 Edited Jul. 12, 2014
"These are a nice addition to my holiday baking. They are not as sweet as most Christmas treats, but so good!"