Love tiramisu? Bright-red cherries give that beloved Italian dessert some Christmastime cheer and a refreshing new twist. —Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) maraschino cherries
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 42 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), grated
- Chocolate curls
- Drain cherries, reserving juice and 9 cherries; set aside. Chop remaining cherries.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sugar, Amaretto, vanilla and 1 tablespoon cherry juice. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Combine water and remaining cherry juice. Arrange 14 ladyfingers in an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Brush with 3/4 cup cherry juice mixture. Spread 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Sprinkle with half of the chopped cherries and grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining ladyfingers and cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and reserved cherries. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Misu in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p51
Reviews for Cherry-Misu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review