Cherry Mincemeat Mold Recipe
This gelatin has a touch of sweetness from dark cherries and a nice crunch from apples and nuts. Its red color makes it festive for December meals.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. Cut cherries in half; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and cherry juice mixture. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold in the apple, mincemeat, walnuts and cherries. Transfer to a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 190 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC