- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 48 almond slices
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into chocolate mixture. Place on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining chocolate; dip cherries again, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. For ears, place almond slices between cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Mice in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p76
Reviews for Cherry Mice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2016
"Question - what kind of shortening did you use?"
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2014
"they were easy and fun to do and tasted very good."