Cherry Meringue Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat pie filling on low. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form.
- 2. Remove pie filling from the heat; stir in extract. Pour into pastry shell. Spread meringue over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 258 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Meringue Pie
"Shockingly delicious and so simple. We will be having this again."
"A cherry pie different from all the ones I've ever had - it is delicious. But I almost feel guilty to serve it because it's so easy!"