Cherry Meringue Dessert Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups crushed saltines (about 60 crackers)
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in saltines and pecans.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and edges begin to crack. Cool on a wire rack. Spread whipped topping over crust. Carefully spoon pie filling over top. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Meringue Dessert(31)
Sort By :
Too much sugar; why don't they put the sugar grams in the nutritional analysis?
I haven't had time to try this receipe, but
My Mom made this in a pie plate, and served this with strawberries. She also served it with real whipped cream!
Fantastic dessert. My only recommendation is that unless you plan to serve it all at once I would not put the toppings on the entire crust but rather cut as many pieces of the crust you need and individually apply the toppings. Otherwise the crust does get soggy.
This is a delicious dessert - easy to make with just the right amount of texture in the meringue with the crackers & nuts.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >