Cherry Marble Cake
"This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago," says Tessa Downing from Doylestown, Pennsylvania. "It's the perfect cake to mix up at the last minute. Choose any fruit pie filling, such as blueberry, peach or apple. If you use apple, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top."
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine cake mix and oil.
- Combine eggs and water; stir into cake mix until blended. Drop
- tablespoons of pie filling into batter; cut through batter with a
- knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean (top will have an uneven appearance).
- Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.