Cherry Marble Cake
"This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago," says Tessa Downing from Doylestown, Pennsylvania. "It's the perfect cake to mix up at the last minute. Choose any fruit pie filling, such as blueberry, peach or apple. If you use apple, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top."
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, combine
- cake mix and oil. Combine eggs and water; stir into cake mix until
- blended. Drop tablespoons of pie filling into batter; cut through
- batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean (top will have an uneven appearance). Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.