For a swift sweet treat, Carol Heppner spreads a homemade graham cracker crust with canned pie filling, then tops it with a fun marshmallow and whipped cream layer. "Try it with blueberry pie filling instead," recommends the Caronport, Saskatchewan cook.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Set aside 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs for topping. Place the remaining crumbs in a bowl; stir in butter until combined. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Spread pie filling over crust. Fold marshmallows into the whipped cream; spread over filling. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Mallow Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p8
Reviews for Cherry Mallow Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2008
"The cooking method says "freezer" and under time is says 25 min prep + freezing, but in the directions it does not say anything about putting it in the freezer? Is it suppose to be frozen rather than refrigerated??"