I received this recipe along with its ingredients at my bridal shower. Now these are a favorite of our sons.Sherma Talbot, Salt Lake City, Utah
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add
- to creamed mixture. Stir in the coconut and cherries (dough will be
- very stiff).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 176 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium,