My guests enjoy this refreshing cherry-topped drink. It's just right on a hot southern summer evening. And it's pretty, too.—Awynne Thurstenson, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters lime carbonated water, chilled
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 8 lime slices
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and sugar. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir carbonated water into lime juice mixture.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoon cherry juice in a glass. Add
- crushed ice and about 1 cup of lime juice mixture. Garnish with a
- maraschino cherry and a lime slice. Yield: 8 servings.