Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie
This recipe makes a nice and refreshing finish to a heavy meal.
-Mary Weller, Twin Lake, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges.
- Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake
- at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice and extracts until
- thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold
- into milk mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes; spoon pie filling over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 525 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a