Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice and extracts until thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into crust.
- 3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes; spoon pie filling over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 525 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie
"This recipe was easy to make and tasted great. I like to chill it for at least 4-6 hours so that it thickens up and cuts nicely. It is a good make-ahead dessert."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.