- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice and extracts until thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes; spoon pie filling over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie in Country Woman May/June 1994, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2014
"This recipe was easy to make and tasted great. I like to chill it for at least 4-6 hours so that it thickens up and cuts nicely. It is a good make-ahead dessert."