- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice and extracts until thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes; spoon pie filling over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie
Sort By :
Cherry-lemon icebox pie is a family favourite in our home and one we make whenever we have all the ingredients. The pie crust is also made by hand, as we choose to do it that way. It's delicious and one we love any time we want a special meal.