Cherry Kuchen Recipe
This dessert is quicker to make than traditional fruit kuchens because frozen bread dough forms the crust.—Sandra Fischer, Sturgis, South Dakota
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cherry or raspberry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from the heat; cook for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, divide the dough in half; press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 9-in. pie plates to form a crust.
- 3. Pour half of cream mixture into each crust. Drop spoonfuls of pie filling over cream layer. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Yield: 2 kuchens (8-10 servings each).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 313 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Kuchen
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC