This dessert is quicker to make than traditional fruit kuchens because frozen bread dough forms the crust.—Sandra Fischer, Sturgis, South Dakota
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cherry or raspberry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from the heat; cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the dough in half; press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 9-in. pie plates to form a crust.
- Pour half of cream mixture into each crust. Drop spoonfuls of pie filling over cream layer. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Yield: 2 kuchens (8-10 servings each).
Originally published as Fruit Kuchen in Country Woman September/October 2002, p4
Reviews for Cherry Kuchen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review