Cherry Kringle Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cherry pie filling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Add to yeast mixture. Add eggs; beat to form a very soft dough (do not knead). Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into fourths. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle; spread cherry pie filling down the center third of each rectangle. Starting at a long side, fold a third of the dough over filling; fold other third over top; pinch to seal. Pinch ends and tuck under. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over kringles. Yield: 4 loaves.
1 slice: 122 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Cherry Kringle
"It was okay, not everyone like it though. It baked nicely."
"Recipe works great and yields a soft dough. Delicious without the frosting too."