Cherry Kringle Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cherry pie filling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Add to yeast mixture. Add eggs; beat to form a very soft dough (do not knead). Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into fourths. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle; spread cherry pie filling down the center third of each rectangle. Starting at a long side, fold a third of the dough over filling; fold other third over top; pinch to seal. Pinch ends and tuck under. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over kringles. Yield: 4 loaves.
1 slice: 122 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cherry Kringle
"It was okay, not everyone like it though. It baked nicely."
"Recipe works great and yields a soft dough. Delicious without the frosting too."