- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 54 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until blended. Beat in cherry juice, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Kiss Cookies
Sort By :
"I added these "kiss" cookies to two of my family's other favorite "kiss" cookies--peanut, & chocolate-orange. These are now their No. 2 favorite "kiss" cookie & they've requested it again next Christmas. I thought the cherry flavor was rather weak, so next time I'll double the amount of almond extract & see if that intensifies it a bit. The chocolate & cherry combination reminded me of chocolate covered cherries!"
"Just made these and they came out awesome! Only suggestion I would make is to refrigerate the dough for 5-10 minutes before rolling and keep in fridge in between batches so it's easier to work with. I didn't get 54 cookies, but still got 3 dozen . Definitely will make them again!"
"yummy! They taste like shortbread. I had to give some away because I couldn't stop eating them!."
"Very easy and taste great. I guess I made mine to big though, because I only got 30 instead of 54!"