- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 54 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until blended. Beat in cherry juice, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Kiss Cookies
Sort By :
"Wonderful cookie. A great cherry chocolate taste. So easy. Little boys helped to make and loved to eat this melt in your mouth bites."
"I added these "kiss" cookies to two of my family's other favorite "kiss" cookies--peanut, & chocolate-orange. These are now their No. 2 favorite "kiss" cookie & they've requested it again next Christmas. I thought the cherry flavor was rather weak, so next time I'll double the amount of almond extract & see if that intensifies it a bit. The chocolate & cherry combination reminded me of chocolate covered cherries!"
"Just made these and they came out awesome! Only suggestion I would make is to refrigerate the dough for 5-10 minutes before rolling and keep in fridge in between batches so it's easier to work with. I didn't get 54 cookies, but still got 3 dozen . Definitely will make them again!"
"yummy! They taste like shortbread. I had to give some away because I couldn't stop eating them!."
"Very easy and taste great. I guess I made mine to big though, because I only got 30 instead of 54!"