Cherry Kiss Cookies
Topped with a chocolate kiss, these cherry-flavored cookies look super cute on a dessert tray. Share them with family and friends. —Joy Yurk, Grafton, WI
54 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 54 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter,
- confectioners' sugar and salt until blended. Beat in cherry juice,
- extract and, if desired, food coloring. Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Immediately press
- a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack
- around edges). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium,