- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Whipped cream
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Pour melted butter into a 9-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange cherries in a single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with milk. Stir in extract. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Spoon over cherries.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Jubilee Cake in Country Extra July 2009, p51
Reviews for Cherry Jubilee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2012
"This is a lovely coffee cake! I lost my recipe card and I was SOO happy when I found it on the website! It's in the oven right now!"