Cherry Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (11 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ICE CREAM CAKE:
- 2 pints cherry or cherry vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 3 cups crushed shortbread cookies, divided
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over low heat until butter is melted; remove from the heat. Add chips; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until sauce is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, line the bottom and sides of a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spread 1 pint cherry ice cream into prepared pan; sprinkle with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Top with vanilla ice cream. Freeze 20 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Spread with 3/4 cup chocolate sauce; freeze 20 minutes. Top with remaining cherry ice cream; sprinkle with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 4 hours. Transfer remaining sauce to a microwave-safe dish; cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Remove dessert from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap, remove dessert from pan; discard plastic wrap. Press remaining cookie crumbs into sides. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Warm reserved sauce in a microwave; serve with ice cream cake. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 slice with scant 2 tablespoons sauce equals 526 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.