Cherry Honey Relish Recipe
A wonderful accompaniment to cooked chicken or turkey, this colorful relish provides plenty of pizzazz to help make any occasion special.—Cherry Marketing Institute, Jane Baker, Lansing, Michigan
- 1 can (16 ounces) tart cherries with liquid
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cherries with liquid, raisins, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and cloves. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot. Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water; mix well. Gradually stir into cherry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Serve over slices of hot cooked chicken or turkey. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 86 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC