Cherry Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe
Presents from the pantry are a tradition with me-and this crusty coffee "dunker" is a favorite! Stuffed with fruits and nuts, it freezes well and can be made a month ahead of busy holidays. Dried cranberries can be substituted for cherries.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs; add the sugar, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in cherries.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Transfer biscotti to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 10-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC