Cherry Ham Sauce
I made this sauce for my family years ago, then the recipe got misplaced in my recipe file. I was making a ham for company and my husband requested the cherry sauce because it was so good. It took a little hunting, but I finally found the recipe and we had this deliciously spiced sauce over ham.
—Sue A. Jurack
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, cloves,
- cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- stir in almonds. Serve with ham. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 92 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.