I made this sauce for my family years ago, then the recipe got misplaced in my recipe file. I was making a ham for company and my husband requested the cherry sauce because it was so good. It took a little hunting, but I finally found the recipe and we had this deliciously spiced sauce over ham. —Sue A. Jurack
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds. Serve with ham. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Sauce for Ham in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p223
Reviews for Cherry Ham Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010
"This sauce was "to die for" good! Thank heavens there were leftovers to go with the leftover ham! I'll be making this again and again - absolutely!"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"Wonderful addition to ham & pork roast! Zippy and sweet."