I made this sauce for my family years ago, then the recipe got misplaced in my recipe file. I was making a ham for company and my husband requested the cherry sauce because it was so good. It took a little hunting, but I finally found the recipe and we had this deliciously spiced sauce over ham. —Sue A. Jurack
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds. Serve with ham. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Sauce for Ham in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p223
Reviews for Cherry Ham Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review