Cherry-Granola French Toast Sticks
The warm aroma of cinnamon and brown sugar helps Terri McKitrick wake her family in Delafield, Wisconsin. Convenient toast sticks topped with granola, banana and whipped cream carry them through busy autumn days.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12.7 ounces) frozen French toast sticks
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup granola without raisins
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the cream, brown sugar,
- butter, cherries and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla.
- Prepare French toast sticks according to package directions. Serve
- with banana, granola and syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Eggo French Toaster Sticks.